Creativity and Awareness with Dori DeCamillis
Saturday, March 14, 10am - 3pm. $120, supplies needed. $50 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit required to hold your place. Space is limited to 12.
Kindle creativity, innovative thinking, and courageous introspection in this one-day Creativity and Self-Awareness Workshop with instructor Dori DeCamillis. Students will learn to break through artist blocks and self-criticism while savoring the joy of being creative. This day of awakening your curiosity, stretching your imagination, and welcoming self-honesty will enliven any area of your life that needs a spark.
The workshop will offer participants creative exercises in various artistic media that explore personal mind states and perspectives in a judgment-free setting. With humor and self-acceptance as touchstones, participants will explore their own mind states, both light and shadowy, to engender courage, promote self-honesty, and acknowledge the universality of human frailty. The practices will fuel creative thinking while helping to develop resilience and equanimity. The group setting enhances a collective, unifying experience that facilitates individual growth and trust.
Possible exercises will include explorations in visual arts, written word, drama, story telling, photography, and other mediums. No experience, talent, or skill necessary. Participants will probably not go home with a work of art to hang on their wall, and no one will be asked to do anything they’re not comfortable with.
- Play games with Without a Net Card Deck for inner exploration and group sharing
- Visual Arts project: Create with various media to connect with present moment awareness
- Written word: Try a fool-proof way to write a decent poem
- Found object diorama: Create and photograph a telltale scene with everyday junk
- Sound project: Play with sound to create an imaginary situation
- Photography: Take photos that convey a state of mind
- Create an action figure: With simple props make a tiny hero, villain, friend, or guardian
- Movement: Perform your state of mind with expressive gestures and postures (like charades)
Please bring your camera phone, charged and with a charger.